WHY BECOME A PADI DIVEMASTER?
Are you bored of your daily routines, office work, or an un-adventurous life-style? Are you looking for a career where your life is filled with opportunities to travel around the world, and meet new people? Then becoming a PADI Divemaster is your solution. Even if you are looking for experience during your summer break, taking a gap-year or even wanting to gain huge amounts of diving experience and knowledge, taking our Divemaster Internship is an experience like no other.
As PADI are the world leaders of scuba diving education, becoming a PADI Professional opens up an abundance of opportunities around the world. The ocean covers 71% of the earth’s surface, so, if your goal is to “see the world” then you’ll need to learn to scuba dive, and explore parts of the world many people aren’t lucky enough to see.
WHY CHOOSE US?
Our team are well experienced and knowledgeable within every PADI course, offering all the way to professional level. We consider all of our interns as part of our team, and we want to pass on the same passion, and love for diving as we have ourselves, dedicated to providing you with a very enjoyable experience. Go Deep Tenerife is made up of PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainers and PADI Specialty Instructors, who are there to help you all throughout your internship, passing on our knowledge and experience of the diving world.
What makes us unique is that we will allow you to take whatever days you want to take off, if you accept that it may affect your course training. If you don’t feel like diving or doing any work, then you can chill out on the beach and/or explore lovely Tenerife.
We are also an all-inclusive company, which means we offer you UNLIMITED dives, and full equipment rental. We are the only dive centre that will allow you to take equipment out on your days off if you desire, and we provide you with the full equipment rental throughout your internship. If you also feel like purchasing some of your own equipment, we are there to help you out with that too.
We are situated in the very peaceful and friendly El Poris. El Poris is situated halfway between the South and North of the island, so you have easy access to either Las Americas or Santa Cruz. With the relaxed and undiscovered beaches, it makesa perfect place for you to relax and top up your sun tan. The town is surrounded by calm, clear waters, perfect for snorkelling and skin diving in the evening on your days off. There is plenty of surrounding bars open every day of the week, and mini supermarkets, offering wifi, drinks and food.
Not only do we do excursions around the island for diving, but also travel to landmarks and activities for our interns. We want you to have the best possible experience below and above the water, making the most of your time with us.
WHAT'S THE DIVING LIKE IN TENERIFE?
Our local dive site in El poris is perfect for deep dives, and we are lucky enough to be no more than 2 minutes away from a beautiful marine-protected reef. During any normal dive you come across diverse life, including rays, turtles and angel sharks!
The island is filled with stunning wrecks, gorgeous rock formations, and swim-throughs to be explored by those who know where to find them, and we are still exploring new dive sites ourselves to offer more variety of sites. The crystal-clear waters of Tenerife offer year round accessibility and incredible visibility with each season. The temperature in summer time reaches around 24 degrees, whilst the minimum is 18 degrees.
LIVING IN TENERIFE:
Tenerife is the most popular of all the Canary Islands. It is known as ‘the island of eternal spring’, with year round sun, blue skies and palm trees, you can see why. There are many things you can experience on the island, with the lively nightlife, sport activities to relaxing by the beach.
What a Divemaster can do:
- Assist a PADI Instructor during training sessions for any PADI course.
- Supervise activities, both training and non-training related activities, by planning, organising and directing dives.
- Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photography Specialty.
- Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing the EFR Instructor course.
- Conduct the PADI Seal Team AquaMission.
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster.
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers.
- Diver safety and risk management.
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills.
- Business of diving and your career.
- Awareness of the dive environment.
- Dive setup and management.
- Mapping an open water site.
- Conducting dive briefings.
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive.
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course.
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs.
- Work abroad and travel around the world.
- Meet new people throughout the world, making friends for life.
We have tried to come up with the best timings to suit you, so we have various options for you to choose from.
1 month - If you are already a PADI Advanced Diver, you can complete the internship in 1 month. If you aren’t shy of a bit of hard work, have less amount of time and want to get those dives up, then this is the perfect choice for you!
2 months - This is the perfect choice if you desire to complete your PADI Divemaster at a more relaxed pace. You can easily go from zero to hero in just two months, while still enjoying the blissful beaches of Tenerife!
3 months + - Once you have completed your PADI Divemasters, you are more than welcome to stay and complete more courses at a discounted price, and gain much more experience to boost your confidence and prepare you for the life of a Divemaster.
Who can join?:
To begin the internship you must be:
- 18 years old.
- Be fit for diving.
- Able to swim.
- Ready for a life changing experience.
- Have no pre-existing medical conditions that may render you unable to dive.
- We accept all levels of diving certification and even non-divers who want a new challenge are more than welcome. Age is no barrier to becoming a diving professional either. The minimum entry age is 18, as for the oldest, there is no restriction.
We do not care about anything other than if you are a nice, friendly person and have a genuine interest in diving!
So, if you meet all the above, then you’re in!
Pick up/drop off:
We understand it can be nerve racking travelling to a new place and alone, so we will provide transportation from the airport free of charge. We will send one of our instructors to pick you up, and will be easily recognisable in our company t-shirt. The airport also has Wi-Fi, so you can easily contact us.
If you are serious about becoming a PADI Divemaster, all you have to do is request a quote, and we will email you ASAP, giving you all the information you need, and what the next step is.